vtkEditor

vtkEditor vtkedit at esat.kuleuven.ac.be
Fri Mar 3 09:56:57 EST 2000

Hi,

We've removed some minor bugs from vtkEditor and added some texture
mapping capabilities.
Below you'll find a list of changes between this version and the first
version:

- We've put a start of texture mapping into vtkEditor. Previous release
just
  used the SetTexture method. With this release you can choose between
  spherical and cilindrical mapping. Saving objects with these mappings
  isn't fully tested yet, but i've heard there will be a general
serialize
  class added to VTK...
- We've removed all TIX related stuff, so you don't need TIX anymore, so
no
  problems with compiling it. We've replaced TIX with BWidget, another
  widget library BUT written entirely in TCL/TK. No compilation
problems.
- We've also implemented a NaturalSpline function in TCL which
calculates
  a spline. In the previous release of vtkEditor, we used GnuPlot to
  calculate the spline for us. Now, we do it ourself, so no need to have
  gnuPlot anymore.
- Some bugs are removed when you run vtkEditor with VTK 3.x, but we've
  not fully tested it with VTK 3.x. Please let us know if you've trouble
  with running it on VTK 3.x.
- Thanx to the removal of TIX and GnuPlot it should be easier to get
  vtkEditor to run on Windows. Please report any problems.

If you find any problems running vtkEditor let us know, especially
problems with running vtkEditor on Windows and/or VTK 3.x, because we
don't have the time yet to fully test vtkEditor on Windows and/or VTK
3.x.
If you add some nice piece of code, please inform us, so we can add it
to the official vtkEditor release.

You can find all information at:
	http://www.esat.kuleuven.ac.be/~vtkedit/index.shtml

--