[vtkusers] Volume rendering and vtkVolumeTextureMapper2D

Frank Boettger f.boettger at zeiss.de
Fri Jun 30 09:22:07 EDT 2000

I'm new to VTK (just 2 days) and need some help/hints on how/where to start:

My company is developing image processing software for confocal microscopy.
Until now, we don't have any 3D-visualization, so i started to have a look at
volume rendering with VTK. Since the software is aquiring 2D-image-slices of
biological specimen with different focal points each, i thought it would be the
right thing to start with 2D texture mapping volume rendering - other methods
will (volume classification, ...) will follow later on.
I've got 'the book' (2nd Edition) - since this is for VTK 2.0, no docu/examples
is in it about vtkVolumeTextureMapper2D. If there's someone out there who can
give me some hints on how to use this class or where to start/what to look out for,
it would save me quite some time figurring it all out - it took me quite a long time
to get our image data into vtkTexture to render one single texture....

Thanks in advance,

Frank