[vtkusers] nvidia GeForce/GeForce2 cards with RedHat 6.2and vtk

Thomas Demachy thomas at mcube.fr
Tue Jun 27 03:18:16 EDT 2000

Hello vtk-users,

I just read that the new VPro Graphics system for Intel-based workstation is
made in collaboration between SGI and nVIDIA. This is true for the Visual
Workstations 230, 330, and 550.
(press release by nVidia :
http://www.nvidia.com/News/Pages.nsf/pages/pr_051800 )

The older Visual Workstation 320 and 540 are based on the Cobalt chip, from
SGI. Question is, by taking a look at Sebastien and Robert's benchmarks :
are the new chips faster or slower than the older ?

Also, SGI just released the Octane2 workstation. This one also use a VPro
family graphic chipset, but it seems that it was made only by SGI...
(press release by SGI :
http://www.sgi.com/newsroom/press_releases/2000/june/vpro.html )

A whole new series to test and benchmark !

Thomas