[vtkusers] Cutting one polygon dataset with another?

Etienne Labuschagne etiennel at megasub.co.za
Mon Jun 26 11:02:45 EDT 2000

Hi there

What will be the procedure to cut one vtkPolyData dataset with another (or
even cut a structured grid with a vtkPolyData dataset)?

What I want to achieve is the following:  I have a vtkPolyData dataset with
the continents of earth.  I create a structured grid dataset that represents
the lat-long lines of the earth.

I want to cut (boolean AND) the two datasets so that the parts in the
lat-long grid that will be sea are deleted.  What is left over is the
continents, but now easily wrappable onto a sphere with the same resolution
as the lat-long grid.

This may be elementary, but I'm still new!

ANY help would be appreciated!

Regards
Etienne