[vtkusers] nvidia GeForce/GeForce2 cards with RedHat 6.2 and vtk

Carlos Manzanares Carlos.Manzanares at cnb.uam.es
Mon Jun 26 09:05:34 EDT 2000

We are thinking also in buying nVIDIA cards (in fact, in a week we will have a new PC with
the nVIDIA GeForce).
The last week i went to the Linux/SGI meeting in Madrid and one of the main topics was
visualization under Linux and their new visual workstations.
I got some information there that could be very useful: SGI is using in their visual
workstations the chip nVIDIA GeForce and they have developed the Linux drivers with the
engineers from nVIDIA (more or less the actual engineers from nVIDIA are ex-SGI engineers...),
but i don't know if these drivers are the ones on the nVIDIA web page.
In a couple of weeks i will be able to really say if GeForce works with VTK/Linux...
About the XFree 4.0, i have already installed this version on a Matrox and it worked (without
hardware acceleration but it worked)

(I hope it can help a little bit...)
--Carlos--