[vtkusers] wxWindows and VTK: flickering on unix

Maurizio Turatti mturatti at ais.it
Mon Jun 26 05:59:17 EDT 2000

Hi,
I' m posting this message on both vtkusers and wx-users mailing lists.
I'm testing Brian Todd's wxVTKWindow, a VTK canvas for wxWindows. I'm drawing an
object and I use wx events to move it with mouse. In MSW it runs fine, but in
wxGTK and wxMotif (both 2.1.16) I get a strong flickering during mouse
interaction and window resizing. It looks like there are too many window's
clears. I tried to call an empty OnEraseBackground function, but it's useless.
I don't understand if the problem is related to VTK or wx, so I hope someone can
give me a suggestion. I can send  a little sample with source code and a unix
Makefile, if requested. If I'll find an answer I'll forward to Brian Todd, so he
can patch his code for a public release.

For interested people who don't know what I'm talking about, here are some
links:

http://wxwindows.org
http://www.kitware.com/vtk.html
http://home.cwru.edu/~bat5/wxvtk.html