[vtkusers] Changing vtkScalars - virtual function

Ronaldo Mercado rmercado at dmu.ac.uk
Fri Jun 23 16:00:44 EDT 2000

Any recomendation against making member functions virtual?

Details:
I am in the process of creating an implementation of an octree class,
which I called vtkOctree, as a subclass of vtkStructuredPoints.
I realised that it would be convenient for me to create
a scalars subclass vtkOctreeScalars and for that class I would
need vtkScalars::GetScalars to become virtual

Maybe I'm in this trouble because I'm subclassing my octree class
from structured points and I should create a different dataset
class altogether.

I'd be glad to receive your input.
Anybody implemented octrees out there?

R. Mercado - redhat at newton.rex.dmu.ac.uk