[vtkusers] Black ColorSphere :o(

Stefano Perticoni stperti at infinito.it
Fri Jun 23 13:28:26 EDT 2000

Hello :o)

 I use vtk 3.1 with c++ and Tcl at home on both Win98 and Linux Mandrake 7 with
no problems. I build vtk at university under RadHat 6.1 without --with-mesa in configure.
 If i build Mace the Mace shape is correct and i can interact with it like at home but
the Mace is black ! I cannot see any color but i see the correct shape. All examples
are black but correct in shape and behavior. :o(
 I found one exception:the streamlines in kitchen are coloured :o)

 Do you think building with mesa will solve the problem ???

 Do Running with mesa means running without 3D accelerated card and using only
 the processor in OpenGL emulation ???

 My root cannot install X FREE 4 because he says it's not supported by the
hardware ;i had the same problem at home exporting the display on my Linux Lan
(exported image was working but black !) and installing X FREE 4 solved everithing :o).
 The X Server on my university PC should be 3D Accelerated X and i don't know the
video card model ;o(

                         Thanks :o)

                         Stefano Perticoni from Italy