[vtkusers] Windows 2000 - Resize

Tom Citriniti citrit at rpi.edu
Tue Jun 20 10:57:03 EDT 2000

One bug I did find for MDI apps is the resize code should not activate the
window when a resize event happens. This can cause the MDI window border to
initialized incorrectly and also leave the image half drawn. A fix I found
that works for maximizing MDI windows is to add:

    SWP_NOACTIVATE

to the SetWindowPos(...) calls in vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow.cxx. Just "or"
them into the existing flags on each call and resizing MDI windows becomes a
bit more stable.

I also noticed on Win95/98 that the OpenGL implementation cannot handle more
than 4 MDI OpenGL windows open at one time on certain ATI cards. A real
annoyance since a great deal of shipping computers have ATI cards in them
(oh well, poor tech support).

Tom C.