[vtkusers] SUR file format

Sarah Graham sarah at cs.jhu.edu
Mon Jun 19 14:33:53 EDT 2000

I am using vtk to, among other things, render a CT volume.  The CT slices
are read using a volume16Reader and then simplified using
vtkMarchingCubes.  I need to extract data from the volume in the format of
a triangular mesh.  Specifically, I need to create a ".SUR" file.  The
formate looks like:

n //# of points
x1 y1 z1	//coordinates of points
x2 y2 z2
xn yn zn
m //# of triangles
p1 p2 p3	//points that make triangle vertices; there is usually
...		// neighbor geometry here as well, but I don't use it
p1 p2 p3

Is there an easy way to do this that I am just overlooking?

Thank you,
-Sarah

Sarah Graham
Johns Hopkins University