[vtkusers] GUI for VTK (was [DEMO] amira) (demo please :)

Sebastien BARRE seb-ml-a at barre.nom.fr
Thu Jun 15 07:06:30 EDT 2000

At 16:08 14/06/00 +0100, John Biddiscombe a écrit:

>I apologise for posting a large image, but I have no web page right now.

Wow, impressive. Still ahead john :)

>Filters can be loaded by DLL. You need to wrap them in a GUI

What do you mean by "filters" ? (regarding VTK).

>If I can get emails from "LOTS" (I don't know how many) people, then I can
>hopefully persuade the powers that be here to allow me to release a demo.

And if I set my cron table so that you receive one email every hour, is it
going to be fine also ? :))
I'd love to see a demo.

>The whole program is written in Borland C++Builder and it's bloody lovely
>(even if I do say so myself). Borland are planning on releasing a
>development environment for UNIX sometime in the future, based I believe on
>QT, so I'll be waiting eagerly to see it.

I guess you mean "Kylix". There has been some news recently at /. :
http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=00/06/07/1255251&mode=thread

I do not think it's gonna be available before the end of the year, and
probably later. Furthermore, although you have been the VTK-C++Builder
guru/advocacy here for a while (and it looks quite successfull), I'm not
sure there is much C++Builder support/users for VTK (sadly). I tried to
compile VTK with Borland tools some time ago, but failed, I guess I missed
some tweaking. As I said before, I'd rather a some scripting language +
portable GUI toolkit solution, but it's only my opinion.

Looks good John. Thanks for the feedback.