[vtkusers] Compilation problem with java

Daniel J. Blezek, Ph.D. blezek at crd.ge.com
Tue Jun 13 08:03:51 EDT 2000

Hi all,

  This should be a FAQ...

  javac will do the right thing if you tell it where to look for already
compiled classes.  The easiest way (and a bit of a hack) is to make your
user.make have a line like this:

JAVA_CLASS_HOME= <path to java classes> -classpath <path to java classes>

This tells javac to look in the same place for already compiled classes.
In the same way you can set the CLASSPATH environment variable to include
the place where you are putting the compiled classes:
(/scratch0/NOT_BACKED_UP/ucacdxa/TCLTk/VTKJavaClasses in the example
below).

-dan