[vtkusers] Picking

Will Schroeder will.schroeder at kitware.com
Mon Jun 12 11:20:57 EDT 2000

Hi Maneesh -

When you pick now, you pick an assembly path. This path consists of
assembly nodes, each node containing a reference to a vtkProp and
a matrix. (David Gobbi- we should look at the implications of using
transforms vs. matrices.) The matrix is fully evaluated at each point
in the assembly path (i.e., the effects of concatenation are propagated
through the assembly path.)

What you can do with the assembly path is get at all the levels in the
assembly hierarchy. From here you can process this ordered list
to do things to each level. There's probably more functionality that
needs to be added, I'd enjoy hearing any ideas.

Will