[vtkusers] Real Time Visualization by VTK??

Bob Palank srfpala at inlink.com
Wed Jun 7 13:03:20 EDT 2000

Question- for realtime interactive visualization, is it possible to run vtk
from within a web browser smilar to what can be done with a JAva3D applet?
Sure I realize that complex viz apps might be too slow, but  I'm not sure
why. If the vtkdll.dll is on the client machine and JAVA3D is on the client,
then what would make processing slow?  This of course assumes that one can
use vtk from within Java and/or Java3D - is this true?
BR
   Bob Palank