[vtkusers] compiling with mpi support

Stanley Dunn smd at occlusal.rutgers.edu
Wed Jul 26 13:05:47 EDT 2000

I'm knee deep in the middle of trying to compile vtk with mpi support
(--with-mpi).  I get through just about everything until I get to
generating libVTKContribPython.so where I get the following error:

/usr/bin/ld: libVTKContribPython.so: undefined versioned symbol name fork@@GLIBC_2.0
/usr/bin/ld: failed to set dynamic section sizes: Bad value
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

This doesn't occur without mpi and I can't figure out what this has to do
with vtkMPIController, given that the mpi object modules aren't in the
libraries.  There is no problem generating libVTKContribTcl.so or
libVTKContrib.so.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks, in advance,

Stan Dunn