[vtkusers] Transparent Renderer

Tim Hutton T.Hutton at eastman.ucl.ac.uk
Tue Jul 25 11:09:41 EDT 2000

At 11:18 20/07/00 -0400, Patrick Lagace wrote:
>> Hi,
>>      Is there a way to create a transparent renderer ? What I need to do is
>> to create 2 or more renderers, one is main renderer and all others on top
>> of it and their background are transparent.
>>      Thank you in advance!
>
>I don't think vtkRenderer gives directly the the possibility to do that
(it may be an
>interesting new feature for VTK?

Just to add my two centimes, I think this would be nice to have in VTK. I
ideally need to be able to render onto my own background image, not just
another VTK renderer.

Cheers,

Tim.
Tim Hutton, Research Assistant,    http://www.eastman.ucl.ac.uk/~dmi/MINORI
MINORI Project,                           Email: T.Hutton at eastman.ucl.ac.uk
Informatics Unit (Media Centre),      Permanent: T.Hutton at mail.com
Eastman Dental Institute, UCL,                        Tel: +44 20 7915 2344
256 Gray's Inn Road, London WC1X 8LD, UK              Fax: +44 20 7915 2303
This email represents the views of the sender alone and must not be
construed as representing the views of the Eastman Dental Institute. It may
contain confidential information and may be protected by law as a legally
privileged document and copyright work. Its content should not be disclosed
and it should not be given or copied to anyone other than the person(s)
named or referenced above. If you have received this email in error, please
contact the sender.