[vtkusers] Sphere Benchmark runs, but renders black window half way through

Volpe, Christopher R (CRD) volpecr at crd.ge.com
Tue Jul 25 10:19:29 EDT 2000

Hi-
  I'm trying to diagnose a problem on my PC at home, whose symptom is the following: When I run the
sphere benchmark, it goes through some of the combinations just fine, and yields good results, but
then part way through itjust starts rendering black images (but still producing reasonable numbers in
the results pane). I think I recall there being some issues mentioned here about GeForce cards,
particularly the Elsa Erazor X, which I have, but I can't find the message I thought I saw. Anyway,
if anyone has experienced anything similar, I'd like to hear it. My configuration is:

Windows 2000 Pro running on:
Asus K7V Motherboard, bios revision 1005a
AMD Athlon 650 MHz (pre-Thunderbird) CPU
Latest Via AGP drivers
Mushkin 128 MB PC133 CAS-2 SDRAM
Elsa Erazor X (GeForce) , latest card BIOS
Nvidia Detonator 2 reference drivers for GeForce

I'm running a relatively recent version of vtk (updated from the repository within the last month or
so).

I get about 1800 kpolys/sec best case in spherebench.

thanks in advance for any insight,

Chris
> g GE Corporate Research & Development

Christopher R. Volpe
Computer Scientist
Visual Information Program
Bldg KW, Room C215
P.O. Box 8, Schenectady, NY 12301

(518) 387-7766, Dial Comm: 8*833-7766, Fax: (518) 387-6981
e-mail: volpecr at crd.ge.com    web: http://www.crd.ge.com/~volpecr