[vtkusers] compile problem on linux Redhat 6.2 with Mesa-3.2-2

Marcel van Straten streets at mediaport.org
Tue Jul 25 03:29:29 EDT 2000

Hello Daniel,

I also had problems compiling VTK on Linux. The linux-howto is not really up
to date and I suggest the following modifications:

- use --with-opengl instead of --with-mesa
- edit the configure file:
  replace GL/gl.h with /usr/X11R6/include/GL/gl.h
  (I don't know why I have to do this, but it seems to solve the problem)

If this doesn't solve the problem you maybe have to re-intsall/compile Mesa
by yourself (and not use the RPM package from RedHat).

Hope this helps,

Marcel van Straten