[vtkusers] Visualizing color scalars

Olivier Coulon o.coulon at cs.ucl.ac.uk
Fri Jul 21 11:01:10 EDT 2000

Dear Vtk users,
may be some of you can clarify the following problem:

we have RGB data to visualize. Using a structured points array (we want
to visualize a slice of a volume in a 3D  rendering), we can set the
number of scalar components to 3 and fill every component with the
corresponding data. That has been checked and works.
The data are unsigned char so according to the on-line documentation, we
just need to use  the mapper's method SetColorModeToDefault ()  and our
RGB data should be displayed in color. The problem is that they still
appear in grey-level fashion. Has anybody experienced that kind of
problem ?
Thanks in advance.

- Olivier