[vtkusers] Constrainted Delaunay in 2D and 3D

David (Chuin-Shan) Chen david at lager.cfg.cornell.edu
Wed Jul 19 09:44:24 EDT 2000

Hi All,

I have used Delaunay2D for the constrainted Delaunay Meshing in 2D and are quite

happy with the results. However, I can only find the implementation in VTK
mentioned
once in Will's email and can't find it anywhere in the VTK books. I will
appreciate if someone can:

1. briefly indicate the references used for the constrainted Delaunay
implementation and
2. briefly compare Delaunay2D with Triangle, especially for the contrainted
Delaunay stuff.

I also realize that it is not a trivial task to extend the constrainted Delaunay

from 2D to 3D, but are wondering if there is any ongoing implemetation in VTK
toward this direction.

Thanks,

-David

--