[vtkusers] CG and Visualization Schools

Dave Reed dreed at capital.edu
Tue Jul 18 10:34:27 EDT 2000

> From: "Heniser, Ryan" <Ryan.Heniser at itt.com>
> Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 07:37:26 -0500
>
> Good Day,
>
> I would like to apologize before hand if this question deviates to far from
> the intentions of this mailing list. I am interested in programming
> visualization packages such as VTK for a career. However, I feel I need more
> education (Graduate level). Could someone please inform me of the more
> reputable schools in the US? (University of Utah?) Should I try to attend
> the more notable conferences? (IEEE, Siggraph) Thank you for your time.
>
> Sincerely,
> Ryan Heniser

I can personally recommend the CIS department at (The :-) Ohio State
State University.  They've got a good graphics program, access to the
Ohio Supercomputer Center, and there's also an interdisciplinary center
(Advanced Computing Center for the Arts and Design - ACCAD) that does
some visualization work.

I suspect there's a few people on the list who will recommend SUNYSB
(State University of New York at Stony Brook) :-).

Attending the IEEE Vis/Vol Vis conferences would certainly be
worthwhile to meet people in the field and see what's current.
Siggraph usually has a few visualization papers, but covers many other
graphics areas also.

Dave