[vtkusers] Highly speculative....

Will Schroeder will.schroeder at kitware.com
Mon Jul 17 07:18:01 EDT 2000

Hi Gavin-

At 11:37 AM 7/17/2000 +0100, Gavin Tabor wrote:
>Hi. This is really just thinking aloud - its not my area, so if there's
>something obvious I'm missing, please be kind.
>
>Is anyone looking at using VTK in parallel on a Linux cluster
>(Beowulf-style machine)?

Kitware is being funded by three US National Labs (Los Alamos, Sandia,
Livermore) over a
three year period to better support parallel processing. This means
algorithms, data models, and software
infrastructure (such as MPI and other communications models). Kitware will
also have a Linux
cluster in-house to do this development. We really mean to push this area
and develop some products
in this area, if you want to participate let us know.

So the answer is yes, very much so. There is a paper you can look at by Jim
Ahrens (Los Alamos)
( http://www.kitware.com/vtkhtml/vtkdata/pvtk.pdf). Also, Jim & Hank Childs
at Livermore are active
VTK developers.