[vtkusers] Getting vtkPolyDataMapper to use both cell data and point data

Ron Inbar ron at eun.co.il
Sun Jul 16 13:17:49 EDT 2000

Hi,

Given a polygonal representation of a long curving tube, I would like to
mark out a segment in a different color than the rest.  I want the
transition between the two colors to be immediate rather than gradual, but
at the same time I want the shading of the surface to be smooth (Gouraud).
This means the mapper has to use the cells' scalars to determine the color,
but the lighting has to be based on point normals.  I couldn't get the
mapper to work this way; it can either use the cell data or the point data,
but not some of each.  Can you think of a way to achieve the desired
behavior?

Your input will be highly appreciated.

Ron