[vtkusers] Re: vtkScalarBarActor Problem

David D. Marshall gte552m at prism.gatech.edu
Fri Jul 14 14:47:29 EDT 2000

Berk Geveci wrote:

>         I don't understand why you don't simply define
>         a gray-scale lookup table yourself. Wouldn't
>         that solve your problems ?

Two reasons.  First, because I was following one of the examples in the
book(s) that demonstrated grey scale shading for the data vis. and how I
described the use of the lookup tables is how the examples do it (I've
been burned a few times on trying seemingly logical things different
than the examples and getting nothing displayed).  Second, I really
didn't think this would require an entirely new class inheriting from
vtkScalarsToColors to do this.  The color lookup's worked as
advertised.  I will try it out and see if it looks OK.  Thanks.

--
David D. Marshall
ARTLab System Administrator/GRA
mailto:gte552m at prism.gatech.edu