[vtkusers] matrix manipulation

David Gauldie dgauldie at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 13 16:07:50 EDT 2000

Hello all,

I am tracking a target using a 3D camera. I am gathering 4X4matrixes at
different time points. What I want to do is find out the position (easy
enough) and a direction vector of which way the target is facing (i.e. using
a cone representation of the target I want to know which way the tip of the
cone is facing). I tried using vtkTransform->GetOrientation(), but I'm not
sure what this is giving me and it doesn't seem to give me the correct
results (or at least the results I'm looking for).

If anyone can give me some insight into this problem, or tell me if this is
the way to go about doing this sort of thing, I'd really appreciate it.

thanks in advance,

David Gauldie