[vtkusers] vtkRenderWindowInteractor event loop

Sarah Graham sarah at cs.jhu.edu
Wed Jul 12 17:23:58 EDT 2000

I use a vtkPointPicker and vtkRenderWindowInteractor to
interactively (of course ;) rotate a model and select certain points.
Currently, the interaction is enabled simply by the call iren->Start().

However, I would like to regain control and perform further processing
after all the points have been picked.  That is, I would like to be
able to include commands for execution in main() AFTER the interaction
occurs rather than simply exiting when "q" is hit.

I tried using iren->Enable() and iren->Disable() without success.  I
also tried creating a method for iren's SetExitMethod. It is executed, but
control does not return to main().

I found a message in the archives that recommends creating a context
(XtAppContext) and then defining XtAppAddInput on Stdin to map characters
to actions.  I'm not sure if this is the route I should take, though.

Thanks,
-Sarah

Sarah Graham
Johns Hopkins University