[vtkusers] vtkPointPicker

Will Schroeder will.schroeder at kitware.com
Fri Jul 7 16:20:11 EDT 2000

Hi Sarah-

At 11:31 AM 7/7/00 -0400, Sarah Graham wrote:

>So...2 questions:
>1) Any idea why the program is crashing when I try to add markers and then
>move the model.
>2) Is there a better way to add multiple spherical markers other than
>creating a new sphereActor each time?

1) I'm guessing it's a memory problem...I use Rational's Purify product to track things like this down.
It's expensive but very good. Also, it may not support your compiler.

2) You can add points to a vtkPolyData, and then use vtkGlyph3D to place spheres around the points.
That way the pipeline never changes, just the data in the initial vtkPolyData. (Caution: if you add a point
to the vtkPolyData, you will probably manually want to send a Modified() to the polydata to insure that
the pipeline executes properly. This is because low-level data access functions do not invoke Modified()
for performance reasons.)

Will