[vtkusers] Texture mapping problem

Frank Boettger f.boettger at zeiss.de
Wed Jul 5 09:21:21 EDT 2000

This problem is the same as the one i described two days earlier in my message
"vtkVolumeTextureMapper2D problem". Nobody answered, so i tried to verify my problem
with the little example Tcl script attached.

Here's a short description of my problem:

I read some image data (BMP, PPM, ...) as a texture and pass it to vtkVolumeTextureMapper2D,
but the rendered output is somewhat distorted as if the data isn't rendered in the
right order and/or same parts of the image are missing.
If i pass the same data to vtkTexture and render it with the appropiate combination
of vtkPlaneSource/vtkDataMapper/vtkActor, all goes as expected. Now, for a single bitmap there
shouldn't be differences in the bitmap's structure, only for colors etc - at least i thought so.

Did i miss something? Anyone any idea??

Thanks in advance,

Frank