[vtkusers] Mesh visualization

Stefano Perticoni stperti at infinito.it
Wed Jul 5 04:29:04 EDT 2000

Hi ! :o)

 I have an unstructured grid composed of triangles only.
If  i try to see the mesh using this tcl program the lines of the
triangles overlap and i don't see a clear mesh. :o(
 I converted the dataset from an avs input file. The
rapresentation with points only is ok.

                                    Thanks in advance :o)
                                    Stefano Perticoni from Italy

# create reader
vtkUnstructuredGridReader reader
    reader SetFileName "$VTK_DATA/unstrgrid.vtk"
    reader SetScalarsName "Depth"

vtkGeometryFilter polyreader
    polyreader SetInput [reader GetOutput]

vtkLookupTable lut
   lut SetHueRange 0.0 0.66667

vtkPolyDataMapper polymapper
    polymapper SetInput [polyreader GetOutput]
    polymapper SetLookupTable lut
    polymapper SetScalarRange 0 50

# Add the actors to the renderer, set the background and size
vtkActor polyactor
  polyactor SetMapper polymapper
   [polyactor GetProperty] SetColor .2 .2 .2
   [polyactor GetProperty] SetRepresentationToWireframe
 #[polyactor GetProperty] SetRepresentationToPoints
 #[polyactor GetProperty] SetRepresentationToSurface

# Create graphics stuff
vtkRenderer ren1
vtkRenderWindow renWin
    renWin AddRenderer ren1
vtkRenderWindowInteractor iren
    iren SetRenderWindow renWin

ren1 AddActor polyactor
[ren1 GetActiveCamera] Azimuth 60
[ren1 GetActiveCamera] Roll -90
[ren1 GetActiveCamera] Dolly 2
ren1 ResetCameraClippingRange
ren1 SetBackground .5 .5 .5
renWin SetSize 400 400

iren Initialize

#renWin SetFileName "blow.tcl.ppm"
#renWin SaveImageAsPPM

# prevent the tk window from showing up then start the event loop
wm withdraw .