[vtkusers] Returning lists from Tcl wrappers

M.Schrijver at el.utwente.nl M.Schrijver at el.utwente.nl
Mon Jul 3 07:45:48 EDT 2000

Hello all,

I've noticed that the Tcl wrappers return lists to the Tcl interpreter
with a trailing space, which is _not_ how lists are normally represented
in Tcl. I found the source of this 'bug' in vtkWrapTcl.c, function
'use_hints(FILE *fp)'. IMHO it should read:
for ( i = 1; i < currentFunction->HintSize; i++)
  {
  fprintf(fp,"%%g ");
  }
fprintf(fp,"%%g\"");

instead of:

for ( i = 0; i < currentFunction->HintSize; i++)
  {
  fprintf(fp,"%%g ");
  }
fprintf(fp,"\"");

(similar for the other sections with %u, %i etc. )

My two questions:
1) are there any objections to changing this, and
2) who is willing to do so ..... (I myself am not sure how to accomplish
it)

I agree that this is not a major problem, but in some cases it makes
life a bit easier. And it would be more consistent: lists should not be
different if returned by the VTK Tcl wrappers!

Many thanks,
Marc Schrijver

ir. Marc Schrijver
Faculty of Electrical Engineering (S&S NT)
University of Twente
The Netherlands
E-mail: m.schrijver at el.utwente.nl