REALLY URGENT: What methodology to use in a Tcl/Tk/VTK project?

Lakshmi Sastry ls at inf.rl.ac.uk
Wed Jan 26 03:43:05 EST 2000

Hi,

I am using VTK and UML. I am finding UML very useful to
identify requirements and the interactions between classes and as
a design tool. I generate the class templates but then proceed
programming manually. In fact in another project I have to actually
implement the code in C because of the tools we are asked to use
but the UML requirement analysis is still proving to be very useful.

Hope this helps.
Lakshmi Sastry

> From owner-vtkusers at gsao.gso.med.ge.com Wed Jan 26 08:32 GMT 2000
> From: uov02539 at correo.uniovi.es
> Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 09:21:51 +0000 (MET-1METDST)
> Subject: REALLY URGENT: What methodology to use in a Tcl/Tk/VTK project?
> To: vtkusers at gsao.med.ge.com
>
> Hi, everybody! I'm involve in a project which uses VTK and is
> enterely programmed in Tcl/Tk, my question is what kind of
> methodology would you use to do the analysis and design of such a
> project? I like very much UML but since this isn't object oriented I
> don't think it would be right so what can I do.
>
> Thanks a
> lot!

> "info vtkusers" to the same address.     Live long and prosper.

Work is a fine substitute for a lot of other pleasures.
						Ian McKellen

Dr. Lakshmi Sastry		 	 Phone: +44 1235 446892
Rutherford Appleton Laboratory	 	 Fax  : +44 1235 445945
Chilton, Didcot
OX11 0QX				 Email: M.Sastry at rl.ac.uk
United Kingdom