MFC & vtkWriter problem

pahsieh at usgs.gov pahsieh at usgs.gov
Sat Jan 22 03:13:36 EST 2000

Hi Asad:

Thanks for your response. However, I wasn't the one who posted
the question. It was Agris Klimkans <agris at phc.chalmers.se>.
I don't know if you cc'd him, so I am sending this message to him also.
Your suggested workarounds are also good alternatives to my suggestion
of rendering to memory. However I would disagree that the CFileDialog
should disappear upon return from DoModal, because screen repaint is
done on a separate thread and there is no guarentee that the repaint
occurs before the program executes the statement following DoModal.
I tested Agris's sample code on a machine with dual 550 MH processors and I
still got the dialog box! Also, as I mentioned, any other window that
might cover the vtk window (for example, a help window that always
stays on top) will get captured, so I think the safest thing to
do is to render to memory.

Regards,
Paul