reading siemens CT from an MO drive

Sebastien Barre barre at sic.sp2mi.univ-poitiers.fr
Fri Jan 21 08:45:56 EST 2000

The famous MO problem :)

http://idt.net/%7Edclunie/medical-image-faq/

>Speaking of WORM's and MOD's, they are the same unreadable media as used
>by GE, but of course have a different filesystem. When used as archive
>devices these are not the standard unix file system, and you will not see
>any evidence of a mounted device doing a "mount" or "df", even though when
>you stick one in the drive the application automatically detects it and
>mounts it. It is said in the release notes that one can actually format
>and mount one
>of these as a unix filesystem instead (the MOD at least) but I don't know
>how to do it, and haven't discovered, not possessing one of them there Pioneer
>drives to read one on.

Same stuff with me, three years ago. Same device, same MO. I was unable to
read my disks using on Solaris, because these MO were formatted in a
proprietary way. Finally, I succeed but this is very difficult, and
involves some tricky manipulations with data-loss risks.

Impossible using Windows NT...

I have no longer such problems, as our devices are able to export as DICOM
on CDROM or MO. *Reformat* your MO disk using Windows NT Disk
Administrator, then go to the main console and export as ACR/NEMA, SPI, or
DICOM to your disk. Or export to a free space, and ask your sysadmin to
move the data to your disk. Or use a DICOM client (good luck :).

--
Sebastien BARRE
IRCOM-SIC, UMR-CNRS 6615 - Université de Poitiers