How to prevent vtk 2.3 from dropping data-paragraphs during a conversion form ACSII to BINARY?

Mirco Müller mirco at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Fri Jan 14 10:04:27 EST 2000

Greetings vtk-users!

    I experienced a strange behaviour while using the class
vtkDataSetWriter. vtkDataSetWriter seems to leave out all paragraphs
except the first one in a vtk-file, if I convert it from ascii- to
binary-format. Is there any way to prevent this? I hoped to save some
diskspace with this format conversion, but if this means that certain
paragraphs are simply ignored, then I have to stick with the
volume-intense ascii-format :-/

    This is what actually happens during the conversion (before and
after). In the beginning I hava a DATASET STRUCTURED_GRID with
paragraphs:

    SCALARS f0 float 1
    VECTORS uvw float
    SCALARS f4 float 1
    SCALARS f5 float 1

After the conversion there is only one (the first paragraph left):

    SCALARS f0 float 1

Thanks in advance for your time and kind advice!

Best regards...

Mirco