SpaceMouse support?

Jan Ehrhardt ehrhardt at medinf.mu-luebeck.de
Mon Jan 10 03:33:42 EST 2000

Hi Rene,

yes I have implemented an interactor for the spaceball (not spacemouse
and spaceorb). Is wasn´t a very difficult task, but I have still
problems
using this device together with stereo display.
Actually I use only code written for vtk + qt. But if you´re interested
I will look for a old version of the spaceball version of
vtkXRenderWindowInteractor.

Jan

Rene Tschirley wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Did anyone implement an interactor for space mouse or space orb, data
> glove or any custom-made input devices? I think of making this a task
> for my students... would be a pity if it already exists! I'd be glad
> if someone is in need for such an interactor (could be finished by
> july).
>
> Has anyone an idea of the difficulty level? Seems not quite difficult
> to me -- you just have to take the vtkXRenderWindowInteractor and
> replace the vtkXRenderWindowInteractorCallback...
>
> Bye,
>         Rene
>
> --
> Dipl.-Inform. René Tschirley,              http://cg.cs.tu-berlin.de/~pooh
> TU Berlin, Computer Graphics and Computer Assisted Medicine research group

> "info vtkusers" to the same address.     Live long and prosper.

Jan Ehrhardt
mailto:ehrhardt at medinf.mu-luebeck.de