changes to pipeline update

Lisa S. Avila lisa.avila at kitware.com
Fri Jan 7 04:23:53 EST 2000

Hello everyone,

I just checked in many changes to vtk - the release out there today (Friday
1/7/00) should be fine (these changes aren't in it), but I would definitely
check the dashboard before grabbing one tomorrow or later.

Most of the changes were internal to the pipeline update mechanism and
won't affect script-level users. Two exceptions are the fact that Bypass
has been removed from imaging filters, and streaming has moved into its own
object. (For example, if you want to stream imaging filters you will now
need to use a vtkImageDataStreamer and set the memory limit on that filter)

The internal changes were mostly method name changes and some
reorganization of what things are done where. In the next couple of days I
will send a more detailed description of these changes out to the list.

Lisa