vtk on Solaris 2.6

Bryan VanDeVen bryanv at arlut.utexas.edu
Thu Jan 6 09:53:41 EST 2000

> configure --with-opengl --with-tcl

shouldn't actually need "--with-opengl" explicitly, but that's not
important.

> vtkRenderWindow::AddRenderer (this=0x0, ren=0x0) at vtkRenderWindow.cxx:674
> 674       this->MakeCurrent();

I'm almost positive this has something to do with the build not
finding/linking to the GL libs properly.

> Any clue? Thanks,

well really, just the note above.  What do you have in your user.make,
etc?  Does your system.make have some lines like:

GRAPHICS_API_OBJ     =  ${OGLR_OBJ}
GRAPHICS_API_FLAGS   =  -DVTK_USE_OGLR -I/usr/openwin/share/include/
-I/usr/openwin/include
GRAPHICS_API_LIBS    =  -L/usr/openwin/lib -lGL

VTK folk: this is the third or fourth time this issue has come up here,
maybe there should be a faq about it or something :)

--
Bryan Van de Ven
Applied Research Labs