Structured points from poly data set.

Asa'd Abu-Tarif tarifa at rpi.edu
Sat Feb 26 17:01:42 EST 2000

Hi,
Is it possible to get a structured points data set from a poly data set?

I have an algorithm to register a 3D volume (voxels) against a high level
model (surfaces). I tried it for a cube but I generated the sampled cube
manually (currently I'm working on synthetic data). Now, I want to be able
to automatically get vtkStructuredPoints from a poly data set (say a cone or
anything that I create from loading a cad model). So what I need is
something sort of the reverse of (vtkStructuredPointsToPolyData).
Is there a fileter that can do this for me?

ps. I'm currently using vtk 2.4 with VC++ version 6.0.

Thanks,
Asad

Asad A. Abu-Tarif
Research Assistant, NY Center For Automation Technologies, RPI.
Ph.D Student in Computer Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.
2104 Massachuasettes Ave, Apt 2C
Troy, NY 12180
Tel: (518) 270-1796
Fax: (313) 557-6100