vtkCellLocator

John Biddiscombe j.biddiscombe at rl.ac.uk
Thu Feb 24 10:37:22 EST 2000

Ahmet,

>I work with vtkCellLocator. My Programm worked well under vtk 2.4 in
>linux but I have problems under vtk 3.0 beta version december 1999.
>In vtk 2.4 if there doesn't exist a cell then the result was zero. But
>in vtk 3.0 the result is always zero.
>How can I find out in vtk 3.0 if there exist a cell between two points ?

I've noticed this too. If you're desperate I can send you the latest
version of vtkModifiedBSPTree which works, but you may not be able to use
it as flexibly as CellLocator.

If you can find a bug in vtkCellLocator.....

I'll test CellLocator again because it was a few months ago that I noticed
something odd and just gave up.

John B

"info vtkusers" to the same address.