Filtering vtkStructuredPoints

R. Mercado redhat at newton.rex.dmu.ac.uk
Wed Feb 23 10:40:47 EST 2000

Hello vtk users,

I would like to filter a cube of structured points based on
the scalar values (I would specify a range of values) and set the rest of
the volume to zeros.

In my application, a scalar tells what the material is at a particular
location on the volume and I would like to select a volume with one
specific material only - all other materials removed. Something like a
band pass filter in one-dimensional signal processing.

I found vtkContourFilter, but that would give me as a result vtkPolyData
and not the vtkStructuredPoints that I want.

I could not figure out a pipeline to solve this. Is there a pre-built
filter to allow me to do that?

Thanks for your input.

R. Mercado

"info vtkusers" to the same address.