SNAKES

Anner Adrian a.anner at medres.ch
Wed Feb 23 03:28:58 EST 2000

Wednesday, February 23, 2000, 2:07:15 AM, you wrote:

> Does anyone know of an implementation of Snake Splines or Active
> Contours in The VTK Library.

> Thanks
> -Avner
> "info vtkusers" to the same address.

Hello Avner,

I was looking for the same some weeks ago but couldn't find anything.
So I implemented my own snake-algorithm. I found different information
on the internet over different kinds of snakes.
Here are some interesting links which are worth to have al look at:

http://iacl.ece.jhu.edu/projects/gvf/
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/computer-vision/projects/gsnake.html
http://www.cc.gatech.edu/conferences/iuw/snakes/
http://caslab.bu.edu/course/cs585/P3/nbomberg/p3.html
http://iris.usc.edu/Vision-Notes/bibliography/segment360.html#Active

There is also a new implementation called Tamed Snakes, but the link
is dead at the moment.
http://shiva-biwi-main.ee.ethz.ch/~jhug/curriculum.html
but if you are interested I could send you a pdf-file.

I didn't implement the snake-algorithm in vtk, we are using qt
http://www.troll.no/ to build the GUI, so I wrote a class that uses an
image format from qt (QPixmap). It was quit a hard work to write this
class.

--
Best regards,
 Anner Adrian                        mailto:a.anner at medres.ch