The fix: Re: Problem compiling vtk 3.1 with Solaris 2.6.

Audrius Stundzia adv_biologic at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 21 11:31:42 EST 2000

Dear fellow vtker's

The problem with compiling Unix (Solaris 2.6)
X windows stuff using g++ is that the lastest version 2.95.2 is much more
strict (ie., retentive) in its interpretation of ANSI standards.

The fix is to edit user.make and set
USER_CXXFLAGS = -fpermissive

Also, I had a previous problem with ./configure failing.
The fix was to set the shared library path

LD_LIBRARY_PATH = /usr/local/lib

(or wherever ones shared g++ library is located)

and export it

EXPORT LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Thanks to everyone who responded.

Best regards,

Audrius

>From: David Chelberg <chelberg at endor.cs.ohiou.edu>
>To: audrius at adv-biologic.com
>CC: chelberg at endor.cs.ohiou.edu
>Subject: Re: Problem compiling vtk 3.1 with Solaris 2.6
>Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 11:13:16 -0500
>
>If you receive a response, please let me know what you did to fix
>this problem.
>
>Thanks,
>
>  -- Dave Chelberg

"info vtkusers" to the same address.