adding new objects and building vtk

Miguel Angel Martin Fernandez vtk at helios.tel.uva.es
Mon Feb 21 05:06:07 EST 2000

Hello,

	I've made a tcl script to allow creating new libraries for the
user classes. It basically wraps the vtk files needed to compile the
libraries. The problem is that it has been done for UNIX type OS. I really
don't know if it's easy or not to make something similar for Windows, but
I'm sure it can be done in a similar way. If you are in the mood, you can
download the script in:

ftp://helios.tel.uva.es/pub/vtkLocal2-4.tar

	I expect this helps :)

	If you only want to add some finished classes in a mono-user
system, you can probably do it manually, like in the UNIX systems.

	Miguel.

On Fri, 18 Feb 2000, Jon Klingensmith wrote:

> I am trying to learn how to add new objects to vtk for my own use.  I
> have built vtk on NT using the tcl wrappers.  If I add my own class
> (vtkClass.h and vtkClass.cxx), do I have to manually edit the makefiles
> in my
> vtkBin directory to add this new object?  Is there a way to have pcmaker
> add
> the new object to the makefiles it generates?
>
> I would appreciate any advice on how to do this or caveats involved.
>
> Thanks,
> Jon
>
> --
> Jon D. Klingensmith
> Department of Biomedical Engineering
> The Cleveland Clinic Foundation
> Lab Phone: 216-445-0591
> http://www.lerner.ccf.org/bme/ip/

> "info vtkusers" to the same address.

  \········(_   Miguel Ángel Martín Fernández                      _)········/
   \·······(_   ETSI Telecomunicación, Universidad de Valladolid   _)·······/
    \······(_   Campus Miguel Delibes, Camino del Cementerio, s/n  _)······/
     )·····(_   e-mail: miguel at atenea.tel.uva.es                   _)·····(
    /······(_   Tfno: +34-983-423000 Ext. 25548                    _)······\

"info vtkusers" to the same address.