vtk 3.1 beta : C++Builder problem

John Biddiscombe j.biddiscombe at rl.ac.uk
Fri Feb 18 18:09:56 EST 2000

Just in case anyone is following progress on C++Builder stuff...

Edi sent me packages he'd built and they worked fine. The only difference in
systems was that he has not installed the patches for BCB 4

I tried uninstalling BCB and reinstalling without adding patches. I then
rebuilt the vtk libraries and recompiled my programs that use them. Same
problem. Linker OBJ block memory error.

One thing I noticed was that several classes I am using (some readers) were
not included in Edi's compiled libraries. Guessing a problem with the sheer
size and number of exports I removed about 20 classes from vtk_Graphics.

Problem disappeared. vtk compiled and linker coped when building vtk based
BCB programs.

If anyone else is having trouble, try removing as many classes as possible
that you don't need - it seems that the number of exports is just too large
for BCB to cope. BCB5 is due out very soon (already shipping?) so maybe the
problem will be
addressed. Let's hope so.

John B

"info vtkusers" to the same address.