[vtkusers] Problem with SetAAFrames() of vtkRenderWindow Java version

Xinzi Wu xinxin at ScienceSoft.net
Tue Dec 26 18:08:00 EST 2000

Hello,

I'm having problems with the Java wrapper class of vtkRenderWindow. The SetAAFrames() function of this Java wrapper class causes access violation (on a PC running Windows NT). I ran into this access violation with both the official VTK 3.1 release and the daily release on Dec 17. But the C++ version of vtkRenderWindow's SetAAFrames() works just fine.

I used the example App2.java which comes with VTK as my test case. I was able to compile and run the App2 example with jdk1.2.2 without problem.
Now, add the following line right after the line panel = new vtkPanel(); in the function init() of App2.java:
(panel.getRenderWindow()).SetAAFrames(2);

Now, if I compile and run App2 again, I get an access violation pop-up after the window frame of App2 shows up. The access violation popup reads as follows:
The instruction at "0x05a1897f" referenced memory at "0x055e0000". The memory could not be "read".
After I brough up the Microsoft Visual C++ debugger, I got the following message:
Unhandled exception in java.exe(VTKDLL.DLL): 0xC0000005: Access Violation

Anybody knows how to fix this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Xinzi