[vtkusers] 3.2beta Java build

Randy Heiland heiland at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Wed Dec 20 13:46:49 EST 2000

A question/problem for a 3.2 Java build from source (on IRIX 6.5).  After
building everything OK, I try to run a test pgm and get:

Exception occurred during event dispatching:
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: VisibleActorCount_24

Poking around, I find:
vtk3.2/java/vtk/vtkRenderer.java:
  private native int VisibleActorCount_24();
  public int VisibleActorCount()
    { return VisibleActorCount_24(); }

but in /graphics/java/vtkRendererJava.cxx:
extern "C" JNIEXPORT jint  JNICALL
Java_vtk_vtkRenderer_VisibleActorCount_124(JNIEnv *env, jobject obj)

note the "124" instead of "24, due to:
 /wrap/vtkWrapJava.c: HandleDataReader()
    fprintf(fp,"extern \"C\" JNIEXPORT void");
    fprintf(fp," JNICALL Java_vtk_%s_%s_1%i(JNIEnv *env, jobject obj,
jbyteArray id0, jint id1)\n",
------
vtkParseJava.c: HandleDataReader()
    fprintf(fp,"\n  private native void ");
    fprintf(fp,"%s_%i(byte id0[],int id1);\n",
            currentFunction->Name,numberOfWrappedFunctions);

Either this is a bug, or I don't understand the Java parsing/wrapping well
enough.

thanks for any help,
--Randy