[vtkusers] problem with vtkPicker

Steve Woolsey woolsr at inel.gov
Fri Dec 15 12:12:08 EST 2000

I am having a problem with setting up my vtkPicker.

in my code I do the following:

	// Globals
	vtkRenderWindowInteractor *iren;
	vtkPicker   *main_picker;

	// Init function
	void InitInteractors()
	{
		iren = (vtkRenderWindowInteractor*)vtkRenderWindowInteractor::New();
		iren->SetRenderWindow(renWin);
		iren->Initialize();

		main_picker = iren->GetPicker();
	}

Later in the program I use the GetActor method.

When I compile I get the following error:

	type 'vtkPicker' is not a base type for type 'vtkAbstractPicker'

This is for the line with the GetPicker call.  If I change the
declaration of main_picker to type vtkAbstractPicker, then I get an
error saying:

no matching function call to 'vtkAbstractPicker::GetActor()'

This used to compile just fine with vtk 3.1.
I just went to the nightly build, because of speed issues.  What can I
do to fix this?

-- Steve
Steven Woolsey                         Engineer/Scientist
Bechtel BWXT Idaho, LLC                Visualization Engineer
Idaho National Engineering Lab.        EMAIL: woolsr at inel.gov
P.O. Box 1625, M.S. 3605
Idaho Falls, ID  83415-3605