[vtkusers] Transparent Textures

Gregory Neil Kawchuk kawchuk at ucalgary.ca
Mon Dec 11 19:02:13 EST 2000

I am fairly new with VTK yet undaunted in trying to make a transparent
texture.

I am presently using TPlane.tcl as a starting point where a simple texture
is mapped on a 2d object (square).

>From the Schroeder textbook, I realize that the alpha value must be less
than 1, but I can not determine how to do this. I have used the command
SetAlpha .5 for the actor and the transparency without success.

Any suggestions?  Ultimately, I would like to have several unique actors
with their own transparent textures.

Thanks in advance.

Greg Kawchuk BSc, DC, MSc, PhD.
Post-Doctoral Fellow, McCaig Centre for Joint Injury and Arth. Research
Clinician, University Health Services
www.ucalgary.ca/~kawchuk