[vtkusers] vtk on AIX 4.3

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Fri Dec 1 15:06:23 EST 2000

hi,

>>>>> "Dick" == Dick Dunbar <RLDunbar at pacbell.net> writes:

Dunno if this will help but its worth a shot.

    Dick> 2) I'm having trouble merging the directory structures from
    Dick> the nightly vtk.tar.gz, vtk20data*.tar.gz,
    Dick> MissingData.tar.gz and vtkExamplesOnly.tar.gz

    Dick>    Suggestions on the right order and method for expanding
    Dick> these?

if VTKDIR is the toplevel dir of your vtk sources then install the
data in VTKDIR/../vtkdata/

    Dick> 3) Having trouble running some tcl examples, and the
    Dick> diagnostics don't give me enough hints to know how to fix
    Dick> it.
<snip>
    Dick>     cd contrib/examplesTcl vtk ClippedCone.tcl invalid
    Dick> command name "vtkMassProperties" line 77

Umm.  You configured it using just --with-tcl.  This doesnt include
the contributed code.  You will have to configure it like so for these
examples to work

./configure --with-tcl --with-contrib

I'd also recommend --with-patented --with-tkwidget

prabhu