[vtkusers] Problem of 2 renderers in Linux

Avan Suinesiaputra avan at science.uva.nl
Fri Dec 1 14:50:33 EST 2000

Hi, I'm a new member of this forum.
First, I'm sorry if this question has been discussed before.

I have a problem while I'm installing VTK 3.1 in my laptop under Linux
RedHat 6.2 platform.
I've read the VTK-Linux-HowTo documentation, and did the same process as
it suggested.
But I still has a problem, may be because of the Mesa library (I don't
know).
I'm using Mesa version 3.2.

The problem is when I'm using more than 1 Renderer on the same
RenderWindow, only 1 Renderer that is shown.
That is the last Renderer inserted on the RenderWindow.
The previous Renderers are not shown.
Even after I forced it with the command renwin->RenderWindow().
Using tcl or c language.
I run the same program in a SUN workstation, but no such problem; all
renderers are rendered properly.

Now, I installed the nightly VTK version of Linux from the rpm files.
But the problem is still occured.

How come ?
Is it something wrong with the Mesa library ?
Please tell me if somebody has the answer.

Thanks.

Avan